Alaska Cod Cakes
- Fill a large sauté pan or stockpot with enough water to cover seafood; bring to a simmer.
- Rinse any ice glaze from the frozen cod under cold water. Turn off heat and gently add seafood to water; return heat to a simmer.
- Once simmering, cover pan tightly and cook 4-5 minutes for frozen seafood or 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish.
- Turn off heat and let seafood rest in liquid for 5 minutes, or until seafood is opaque throughout.
- Remove cod from water; cool slightly and flake into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together cod flakes, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg white, celery salt and cayenne pepper.
- Form mixture into 4 cakes. Dust cakes with cornmeal or flour. Heat butter and oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook cakes until golden brown on both sides; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Blend orange juice, corn starch, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Whisk into butter mixture in pan; cook and stir until sauce thickens. Portion 1 cup salad blend on each of 4 plates.
- Top with a cod cake. Spoon on sauce and sprinkle with nuts.