Curry-Lime Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Lima Bean Salsa
Makes 4 Servings
- Combine yogurt, ginger, curry powder, and lime juice. Add chicken thighs and turn to coat with yogurt mixture. Allow to marinate in refridgerator 1-4 hours.
- In small saucepan, combine vinegar and water; add pickling spices, 2 teaspoons, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes, and celery seed. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place lima beans, tomatoes, and onion in container. Using a fine mesg sieve, pour the warm vinegar mixture through it and into the vegetable mixture. Add cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Prepare grill. Remove chicken from marinade, draining excess. Season thighs on both sides with remaining teaspoon of salt. Place chicken on grill to sear. When well browned, turn over once, cooking for a total of 6-8 minutes, then continue to cook chicken, turning to avoid burning.
- Grill chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F, about another 15-20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/3 cup salsa on each plate and place a grilled chicken thigh next to the salsa.