Filet Mignon with Herb-Butter Sauce and Mushrooms
Makes 4 servings
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 10-13 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter, season with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
- Heat butter in same skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Add beef broth and thyme to skillet, stirring until browned bits attached to bottom of pan are dissolved; bring to a bowl.
- Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl; stir into mushroom mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve steaks with sauce.