Sesame Soy Beef Fry
Makes 4 servings
- Stack beef steaks, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips.
- Combine marinade Ingredients in medium bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons mixture.
- Add beef to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30-120 minutes.
- Combine vegetables and 1/4 cup water in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until most of water is evaporated and vegetables are hot, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook!) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Combine cornstarch mixture and reserved marinade mixture. Return beef and vegetables to skillet. Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with walnuts, if desired.